Freaks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Manly
July 13th 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our feelings on having our own children are no secret to any of you, that however does not stop from appreciated some of the beautiful children our dear friends have had. We had a beautiful Saturday afternoon hanging out with our friends and little buddy ETHAN, the newest addition to the Dutt household. On the way back to the cars, Kimmy and the girls broke off to visit the baby stores with Ethan. When the emerged Kimmy told me that we had bought a gift for Ethan, a little blue stuffed toy that squeaks. (why are baby toys and dog toys so similar?)

Later that night I was told the toys name was “FREAK”, naturally I questioned the appropriateness of the name “Freak” for a baby toy. Then I learned the whole truth of the purchase.

While walking through the shop Ethan quite fancied the toy, so Kimmy bought it for him. Once out of the shop Kimmy tried to give him the toy, and he wasn’t interested. To which Kimmy said, to Ethan (8 months old) “what’s wrong you wanted it in the store you freak?” Fortunately Ethan parents are dear forgiving people, and thought that in honour of Kimmy, they should call the toy Freak.

Now folks I know what your thinking, “oh that silly Kimmy.” Probably just a one off right? WRONG!

While with our friends Sarah, Jason and their baby Jacob before we left England. There was a similar incident. A crying baby, rejecting the soother being offered by Kimmy, and poor Jacob took the loving “Freak” blast from my lovely wife.

Again, loving and forgiving friends laughed it off.

I know Kimmy loves both of these little guys very much, but still thought the stories were funny enough to share.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.9kb