Talbingo / Jounama Creek, Kosciuszko NP, NSW


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

17 - 19 February 2011

The last two nights with the parents were spent at Talbingo and Jounama Creek. We set up camp next to the creek which was the highest it had been in a decade. It was a proper camp experience with a hotpot on the fire for dinner and Alex made his damper.

The drive up to Talbingo was absolutely stunning. We drove the Alpine Way and went through the highest town in Australia, Cabramurra. We've seen so many towns which obviously boomed in their heyday but are since pretty much deserted. Driving through Selwyn from the other side was interesting and it's strange to see these places dry instead of covered in snow. We stopped at Khancoban for lunch and at a couple of lookouts.

We went to the Yarrangobilly Caves one day and swam in the thermal pools. We even got mum in the water which was amazing! The caves were unbelievable and the river walk was gorgeous.

We took a day trip through the Bago State Forest to Batlow and Tumut - wondered if we were ever going to get out of the forest, it went on and on forever!

The Kosciuszko National Park has been a fantastic area to see, especially in the summer time. We'll have to come back one day and get to the summit, that way we will actually see the mountain..



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb