Day 40, Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
February 28th 2007
Published: March 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Blue MountainsThe Blue MountainsThe Blue Mountains

With a covering of cloud - thats how high up we were!
Packed up again ready to move on - am having some issues with my backpack. everytime i open it everything seems to explode everywhere - organised mess! i may have purchased one too many items though so that could account for why things aren't fitting in anymore!

Anyway, we flew from Ballina to Sydney. Ballina must be one of the smallest airports in the worls and our plane was the smallest i've been on - it took 20 passengers! low cost airlines are quite new here, but that was cool with us as the flight was dead cheap. The flight was about 1.5 hours.

When we landed at sydney we went staright to pick up the car. it was an automatic, i have NEVER driven an automatic! very ammusing starting off as my left foot wanted to do something - a shakey start - think my passengers were a little concerned for a time but pulled it off in the end and got us out to the mountains in 1 piece! (with no damage to the car .... yet)

The blue mountains are about an 1 inland from sydney. there are loads of little villages to stay around
The Blue MountainsThe Blue MountainsThe Blue Mountains

The 3 sisters
the mountains but we had been recommended Katoomba. The mountains are so-called blue as they have a blue haze over them.

Checked into our cute little guest house called '14' and headed out to see the mountains - however the weather wasn't in our favour and they were covered in cloud. it was so foggy we litterally could not see a thing so not safe to drive but a good excuse to eat out! had lunch at a really nice vegetarian restaurant and made plans to get up early and head straight out to the mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

1414
14

The porch of our cute hostel


Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb