South Beaches


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Gerringong
July 5th 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got back from the Whitsundays and we succeeding duping the traffic controller and did a pick-up in the drop-off departures zone. Living on the edge we are! We drove south last night to our weekend destination: the Southern Beaches. I’m awake early on Saturday morning (as per usual) and sitting in the lounge chair in the penthouse in Gerringong we’ve rented that has terrific views over the town and the beach. It’s a good transition from the views we had in the Whitsundays before going back to the city. ‘Cause where we’re staying in Sydney is so rough you know. You have to actually walk 10 minutes before you can see the water. Sheesh.

Civilized Saturday evening game… (Shane taking over now)

Saturday itself consisted of some well deserved wandering through town. The highlight of the afternoon was visiting the local beverage purveyor and buying some fancy drinks to go with our planned meal.

While drinking some fine beers, I was honoured to be asked if I would be part of the groomal party for Maja and Steve’s wedding. Of course I said yes.
CHEERS AND TOAST (everyone looking each other in the eye).

Dinner was all very civilized with cheese and crackers, fresh deli meats, and vegetables.

We spoke of Tolstoy and had a lively debate about communism versus Catholicism in society.

After dinner the order of the evening was fun fun fun.

We played a whimsical game called the “Beer Game”. It is a board game that gives you a silly task to do on each turn while earning drinks of beer. I would like to say mature people like us had a laugh, maintained our dignities, did not drink too much and retired to bed early. That would have been wise considering we were planning a long walk the next day.

Getting out of bed was indeed a little slower than expected for everyone on Sunday morning. We did however make for a hike and see a whole bunch of whales.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The morning afterThe morning after
The morning after

There are no pictures of the Beer Game as they are ever so slightly not appropriate for a blog...but this is what the place looked like in the morning!


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb