Dalmeny, Eurobodalla National Park, NSW


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Dalmeny
November 14th 2010
Published: November 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

12-14 November 2010


We arrived in paradise early afternoon after an early start from Majors Creek. This place is so beautiful and we couldn't get closer to the beach if we tried. We set up metres away from the lagoon and have the beach a few metres to our right.

The drive from Majors Creek to Moruya was a little hairy in places (we came through the Great Dividing Range) as we experienced partial break failure down one of the mountains. Not much fun really... But the troopy came good and we were off once again. It was a long drive as the road was unsealed (yes, Alex was in heaven!) and we popped in and out of mountains, along river beds, through forest, etc. I have been trying to take quite a bit of video footage but I'm thinking everyone will get motion sickness when they watch it as a lot of it is done whilst driving.

So we got to have our first swim at Dalmeny and the boys loved it. Reef is still not very confident in the water but he had a ball and we're hoping the more time he spends in the water will build up his confidence. Oscar, on the other hand, has no fear and would probably dive straight in if he had half a chance.

We are loving the open fires we have been able to have in most of the camp spots we've stayed in so far. It's nice to sit by the fire in the late afternoon and watch the surf. Not to mention the marshmellows.....mmmmm

We did a day trip from Dalmeny to Potato Point and Tuross Heads. We had heard about Potato Point but went further on to Tuross Heads which was spectacular - water inlets everywhere which were full of sand banks and the water was brilliant green and blue. Really wishing we had a boat right now.....

On the way home we stopped for lunch at Bodalla in this very cute and quaint milk bar / cafe. Miniature cane lounge chairs for the kids and swinging chairs hanging from the ceiling for the big kids.

We have had rain nearly every night but at least at Dalmeny we got nearly 2 days of sun - yay!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



29th November 2010
Bath with a view!

I looooove this shot!! The boys look so happy in their bubble bath bucket!
7th December 2010

Yeah, wish I could fit in!!

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0937s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb