I can surfer-fer-real! (kinda)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Crescent Head
January 29th 2008
Published: January 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HEY EVERYONE!!!

Sorry today this is gonna have to be short and sweet because there's quite a queue forming behind me (queue would be a line in canadian but its what all these fancy accent people call waiting...) Anyways...omg where to start...STeve may be the best host ever...i had a great time staying with him and he took very good care of me (Ryan he wouldn't let me call you the other night i'm sorry you missed out!) We went to bondi beach on sunday which was really nice/super ridiculously busy but there's something really fun about jumping around in pacific ocean waves.... Ok so the next morning (monday) after quite the evening of celebrating some more australia day-ness i got on the bus to Surfaris (my surf camp thing!) ...anyways....i use the term "bus" loosly because it was 2 4x4 with like bench seats in the back.....we drove and drove and drove...all 12 of us in there...i thought i was going to die! then we finally got to the surfari camp and went surfing...again i thought i was going to die! ahhahaha...anyways we learned how to surf in this awesome river (like the basics...like paddling...) but it wasa tea tree river...it was like swimming in a giant tea pot and it was so warm ...amazing...then we went out into some serious waves right after....holy crapola is surfing ridiculously hard! ...but obviously i'm a natural and they've asked me to join the national surfing team...BAHAHAH...anyways in all seriousness i did get to stand up a few times yesterday....today we went to this beautiful beach (omg my pictures will never do it justice)....but this is where the big boys surf (well this is where the big waves are...relatively big anyways...to a beginner) but the water was much deeper here so it was like surfing out in the ocean (we were in the ocean but like in a little protected-ish area cuz it was a bay)...but anyways... i had a bit of a scarry experience i got caught under this one wave and couldn't get up but i found my way (thanks for the swimming lessons mom and dad!)...but whatever i got back into it not long after that and my confidence is definitly building....theres lots of cool people here and i'm having a great time....(ps crescent head is where i am right now which is in between sydney and byron bay) No worries tho guys i slather myself in ZINC so i won't make you all look too ghostly when i get home....ok sorry this is way longer than i ment to right....oooh i saw this crazy fat iguana today....and there were dolphins in the water we were surfing in...and did i telly you guys i got to give water to cockatoos they were really cute! i like them!....iguanas that charge at you...not so cute....slithery tongue! EW!)...ok sorry sorry i have to go...bah but i dont want to ..ok getting dirty looks...

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

THINK OF ME WHEN YOU SHOVEL YOUR CAR OUT TODAY..... xoxooxoxoxoxooxoxox

Gen

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb