Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
February 9th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Port Macquarie is a town on the Gold coast between Sydney and Brisbane. There are not many tourists here compared to other towns (Byron Bay!!) so its a really nice spot to relax on the beach which is exactly what we did. We parked the van in the beach carpark and spent a couple of days working on our tan (not very Australian thing to do as they all avoid the sun)...

It was hard to drag ourselves away from here as it was so pretty but we forced ourselves into the car and drove to Coffs Harbour as Steve wanted to jump of the pier there and get over his fear of jumping into water!! The main beach in town has really strong current and is onyl safe for a few mad surfers so we spent the day there almost the only people on a massive stretch of sand which was really nice. In the evening we went to check out the harbour and the famous pier. We spent about an hour and a half up there but he couldnt jump off (theres is no way on gods earth i was going to do it btw are you mad its abotu 10m high!!)..

Anyway, the next morning we finished our run on the pier and his big plan was to endn the run with the jump but he still couldnt do it!! Patient as ever, i left him to it to get some brekkie. During this time he met an Aussie who used to be a life guard and somehow he convinced him to make the big jump!! HURRAY!!! He had a bit of a sore side but the jump was made..i asked him to go back and do it again so i could see but i think once is enough!!! After a strolll round the lovely beach market we jumped in the van and headed for Brisbane...




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb