The Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
February 5th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

At last back in the bush!!! The blue mountain national park is beautiful so we put on our hiking shoes and headed off to find some wild life! The first walk we did was to keep fit so we climbed up and down the 900 stairs at echo point to see the 3 sisters. You can see forest for miles and miles and they are really lucky not to have had any bush fires there for the last few years so it all lucks really green.

The next day we headed out for a longer walk at Wentworth falls. We wanted to walk a slightly less well trodden path so we didn't walk the whole national pass but diverted slightly further down along the wentworth pass. We only saw 1 person along here so it really paid off. We were actually quiet glad when he showed up anyway coz we were a bit lost slipping down a waterfall at that point! We saw lots of beautiful lizards and also a massive lyrebird which are really rare to see so that was cool.. Around lunch time we arrived at the bottom of the falls and found some aussies swimming there in the freezing cold water...We braved it for a few minutes until we got bitten by yabbies (crayfish) and i saw a snake in the water and we got out!! Climbing back up the waterfall there is a section doen on ropes and I slipped and nearly pushed Steve of a cliff (whoops!!) but we lived to tell the tale!!

The next day we headed to a place called the Grand Canyon. We walkde down through the canyon passing by the usual lizards until Steve froze and went "oh my god". I had just stepped over a snake without seeing it. We took a piccie and a local guy we showed it to thinks it was a red bellied black snake which is really dangerous should it bite you. Luckily it wasn't too interested in us!!

This was all too much exercise so we jumped back into the car and drove up to Port Macquarie to enjoy the beach once more...


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb