What we are going to sail on


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
March 10th 2008
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have been very fortunate to be able to charter a Hanse 400. The Hanse 400 is a strong, well built and easy to sail yacht that we have narrowed down to being a boat that, if the circumstances permitted, we would consider buying. There are a few Hanse yachts available for charter in Croatia and we have been fortunate to cross paths with Eldin of A2A Yacht Charter Brokers and he has been fantastic in arranging our charter through Asta Yachting in Croatia. Have to say that Eldin has been a great source of information about Croatia and could not have been more helpful. The yacht has three cabins, a spacious cockpit, and for the cruising mode we are going in, has a self tacking head sail. So while I can lay back and soak up some great Croatian weather, Debs and the girls should be able to sail around with relative ease. We are going to pick up the boat in Sukosan, about a third of the way down from the northern border and take her back to Trogir, about mid way down the coast some four and a half weeks later. Croatia has about 1600 inhabited and uninhabited islands so I am sure we will find plenty of places to explore along the way. Seeing we are now armed with the 2007 Croatian Cruising Guide, courtesy of the Newells and the Hursts (thanx heaps guys) and the 777 Croatian Harbours and Anchorages courtesy of Pete Chapman and Sharon Angel, we should have no trouble at all getting lost and ending up sailing back to Australia!. Check out the Yacht!

Advertisement



15th March 2008

Fantastic!!
Mmm, not too shabby at all. Very jealous. :)

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb