Corindi Beach Home- nearly ready


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
September 24th 2007
Published: September 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thought you may want to see how our new house is coming along, these are obviously old photos as we move in this Friday! The house is reverse living to take advantage of the ocean views, downstairs we have 2 spare bedrooms, bathroom and study.

John was at the house on the deck doing some preparation at Corindi today and saw a humpback whale in the distance, who cool is that?

The other photos are of the house we're renting in Woolgoolga (Woopi), this has been our home since January. We've had a few visitors to stay here and so far all have enjoyed the area.

The Corindi home has no plants what so ever, so the garden at Woopi is stocked up with pot plants ready to move.....some are from my brother, some have been rescued from John's cousin in Brisbane where they have severe water restrictions, I keep telling them they are in NSW now and there is no water shortage in the Coffs area. The others we have bought locally at markets. We try and watch every Aussie garden programme on TV and have one good garden reference book to start us off. We will need to plant lots of native and drought tolerant plants that also like being near to the harsh sea environment- quite a challenge really.

I've also attached some lovely floral pictures of spring (Aussie style) for those of you who love gardening, mostly of Grevillea's.

Next up-date will be of the finished home..............can't wait to move now. It will be strange unpacking our wordly goods that we haven't seen since March 06. We are really looking forward to having our first visitors from Oxfordshire in October.





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb