Fun in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Caringbah
January 28th 2009
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

15th to 28th Jan 08

hi there...

After my last blog i met up with the lads for their mate Joel's birthday. We went to a restaurant/brewery called Red Oak thats won international awards for its beers and match there meals with the beers. It was a really good eve.

Went to Manly on Sat with Chook, a town a short ferry ride from Sydney harbour - nice enough place. Met Audrey (french lady I met in Melbourne hostel) and saw 'Gypsy Queens and Kings' for sydney festival - very folky and lively music. Was good!

Weds I went to the Blue Mountains with Lyndall. It was a really hot day but the scenery was amazing. walked though the forest, waterfalls, cable car ride etc. We did everything a lot quicker than we thought we would so headed back in the evening and went to the cinema and watched Bride Wars.

Friday I met up with Lyndalls bro Clint, his mates Dave and Gyln, and Ryan from QP and we went to Big Day Out, a music fest. It was a painfully hot day and we all struggled to keep hydrated but had a great time. Saw lots of Aussie bands (getting some good knowledge of Aussie music scene!!). There were other acts too - the Ting Tings (avoided like the plague), Pendulum, Arctic Monkeys (really good) amoungst others. Night was headlined by Prodigy, Neil Young and Dropkick Murphy's. We didnt make it to the end though as we were pretty tired - think the heat didnt help!! And by this point there was only me and ryan left as Clint was taken home by the others as he got hit accidently and was really out of it. Very interesting night!!

Beach and chilled most of weekend with some form of alcohol. Monday was Australia Day. We had planned to celebrate in Aussie stlye with BBQ on the beach and then go into town but everyone was exhausted from their busy weekends so we watched the cricket and tennis (Aussie Open is on at the moment). Went round to Joel's to finish the evening and collapsed in the very early hours.

Today I gave the lovely people at Peter Pans travel a lot of money... Have planned the next part of my trip so really looking forward to moving on. I leave Sydney Monday. First stop: surf school and Byron Bay!!

Catch you soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

'play me i'm yours''play me i'm yours'
'play me i'm yours'

as part of the sydney festival, there were piano's placed all over the city for people to play - in the streets, bars, and a tattooist! This one was on the Manly ferry
ManlyManly
Manly

surf school
ManlyManly
Manly

market stalls
Blue MountainsBlue Mountains
Blue Mountains

i was trying to get a shot of the rainbow in the waterfall!!
Blue MountainsBlue Mountains
Blue Mountains

3 sisters rocks
Blue MountainsBlue Mountains
Blue Mountains

3 sisters rocks


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb