will we ever leave????


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 20th 2006
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Due to the fact we are finding living in Byron very difficult and extremely stressful (with a hint of sarcasm) we have been forced to stay here for another week, oops?!
With surf shops every 10 steps along the high street and ever man and his dog being able to surf we feel a little inadaqeut in that depatment, so with a little help form Natasha and Joanna (german girls) they hooked up some boards from the hostel so we could improve our wave riding skills. A bigger board than the one I had in Bondi made life a little easier but the rip in the ocean was incredibly strong and made it very hard to get back out the waves in order to get the much needed practice. I was up first time though and did manage to ride a couple of waves in towards the shore fairly confidently using the old skateboarding balance. We went out surfing a bit late, but the views and sunsets on the way back were like a Quicksilver advert so we obliged to the offerings of such photos.
Firday night was St Patricks day and we decided to abuse a charity shop to find the stupidest of stupid clothes too enhance our already wild nights out!!!! I'm not going to describe what we bought because I feel the photo's speak for themselves, was such a good and hilarious night. The German girls also made an effort making tops and skirts from material Coles supermarket bags, very creative! We were the only people to dress up so I think I spoke to every person in Cheeky Monkeys due to the fact my hair was visible from Sydney and people just had to comment!
All is very well here in Byron Bay!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

......
...

no words needed
Joanna with our mascot, ChurchillJoanna with our mascot, Churchill
Joanna with our mascot, Churchill

We have pictures of Churchill at every place we have been! forgot to mention that ages ago he was bought at Heathrow


20th March 2006

MY GOD!!!
Don't know what I'm more shocked about... Firstly; Your hair.. How LONG!!!!!???? Have none of you cut your hair yet? And GERMAN GIRLS!!!!!! Tell me you've hooked up??!?!?!?!?! Let me know you BASTARD!!!! AARRRRRRGHGHGHGG!!!!!! Colin.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb