Chilling out in Byron Bay for 3days


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 19th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

19th March - 21st March:
Yet another bus ride- we got to Byron just after lunch to be greeted by a mini bus to our hostel- the Holiday Village. We were really excited because we were meeting our Dutch friend Digna here and we hadn't seen her since Queenstown! After asking at reception we found her and after wandering round town for a while, went to the supermarket so get some food. There wasn't any room in the standard rooms so we managed to get an apartment and we had some really cool room mates, our own kitchen and bathroom- good times! We were all going out tonight to experience Cheeky Monkeys, the night club across the road! There actually isn't a dance floor instead there are just tables, its pretty seedy but so much fun! We were having such a great night, we even met 4 girls we knew from new zealand and the 2 german girls from our fraser island group, until I couldn't find digna and em for a while- they had been kicked out for having a water fight in the club. It turned out Emily realised the bouncers were after them and hid in the toilets, but digna didn't realise stood on the toilet seat in thwe cubicle next to her and poured a whole thing of water over her head in front of the bouncer! Eventful!
Once we'd got up the next day, we spent the day at the beach watching the surfers and the hippys! And prepared to go out again the next night- Cheeky Monkeys and goon was the way forward for an awesome night and leave you enough money for something from the bakery as it opened again at 4- good times!!
The next morning we had to check out, but our bus to Sydney wasn't until 6:30 that evening so we spent another day lazing on the beach, jumping waves and we had a nice fairwell lunch with Digna, who we were leaving behind. Em and I were not looking forward to the 12 hour bus journey through the night, luckily it wasn't busy so we could have as many seats as possible, but stil not as comfy as a bed! We would arrive in Sydney at 6:30 the next morning before getting on a train to Emily's Aunt's house in Culburra, 3 hours south of Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb