Broken Head


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 13th 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Set off early this morning heading for Broken Head just South of Byron Bay. I am continually amazed at the beauty of the beaches here and each one I see I think is just a little more perfect than the last with Broken Head being no exception. Despite the grey clouds and gusting winds on our first day here we walked regularly up and down the golden sands. On our second day the sun shone so we decided to stay a little longer in this beautiful spot - along with the small crowd of weekenders who had decided to head for some surf.

Byron Bay itself is a lovely town with a lot of atmosphere and plenty of restaurants and watering holes!! A couple of good chippies too...

Whilst here we made the most of the sunshine and topping up tans (not forgetting to apply the suntan cream - there's a sensible approach to 'slip slap slop' here). Pete spent ages watching surfers and only declined a lesson due to his track record of injury during this trip (he's only now fully recovered from his broken toe). So relaxing and soaking up the sun and the friendly aussie atmosphere was the order of the weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb