Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
September 25th 2008
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Jess Anricka and Jen Jess Anricka and Jen Jess Anricka and Jen

The beach Hotel Byron Bay
Day 48
Investigate this little hippy village and find that it has lots cool shops, cafe's and a gorgeous beach. Very laid back hippy town. Its kinda like thailand meets spain in australia? Our hostel Backpackers Inn has direct beach access and the beach is one of the prettiest yet. To our right is Cape Byron Lighthouse the most easternly point of Australia mainland. Found a woolworths whic is like a supermarket here stocked up on singha beers. Have a socialable few in the hostel, byron and dianne are also staying here. Meet Jess from Singleton near Newcastle (the australian one) and end up out on the town. Went to the Beach Hotel where more ppl from the hostel joined us, then on to La La Land, Cheeky Monkeys then back to La Lan Land. Excellent night Jess is great and we meet hundreds off people, oh so very drunk.

Day 49
No "Lazy Day" As byron bay has no macdonalds. They have planning permission here but each time they try to build the locals protest and demonstrate. There is also a rule that buildings around the beach area can't be higher than 3 stories. We moap around the hostel whilst discovering that most people we met last night also live here, cringe. We haul ass down to get a fry up, just what the doctor ordered. The hostel is having a bbq tonight so we join in nursing our Magners. Meet some more people and chat away with live music in the back ground. Early night as we are out tomorrow with Jess for leaving drinks.

Day 50
Early rise do a few bits and bobs then go for a walk to the light house. Its hot as hell and we make it around Cape Byron Headland Reserve, see the lighthouse, most easternly point and some massive lizards roaming around. We make the executive decision to go back and sunbathe. Of course as soon as we get changed and go to the beach the sun disappears behind clouds never to return. Back at the hostel we have thunder and lightening and rain. Fun. At night we head to the Beach Hotel with Jess get drunk as usual and have a ball. Meet some boys from england/Wales who are touring in a camper van, one claiming to be Steven Gerrards cousin.....well his id was Luke Gerrard but I'm no convinced.

Day 51
After getting up at 5am to stubble to the juice machine jen nearly has a heartattack as the courtyard is full of wild turkeys, how very random. Back to sleep for a bit then back the rucksacks that have seriously lost their novelty and check out. We catch the bus to Nimbim...........


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb