Byron Bay and Nimbin!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
December 21st 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Byron Bay after having done a few days in Surfers Paradise (which wasn't anything amazing anyway). Simone and I went to the Horror House in Surfer's, but that was about it.

Byron Bay is great - we had a big night out here the first night and then the next day was for recovery! Never again.

Yesterday we went to Nimbin! It is SOOOO weird, kind of how I imagine Woodstock in the USA to be. Full of hippies selling hash cookies on the street and magic mushrooms. Lots of people wearing funky clothes, and generally a good vibe. Although you can buy stuff freely on the street here, it's still not actually legal, so they always check for cameras and undercover cops before you buy. And if walk past people who say "have patience" and "wait" and you know that the deal is off, and everyone has to act normally until the undercover police have gone by.

Anyway, so we got our cookies and ate them in a restaurant before lunch. Felt fine, so we decided to keep eating them. Only on the bus to Paul's (a hippy friend of Doug our driver) house, did the cookies kick in. Heather and I were laughing hysterically at nothing, and the more we laughed and didn't know what we were laughing at, the funnier we thought it was! Everyone else on the bus was looking at us like "OMG!". But a while later, THEIRS started to kick in and the whole bus was giggling. It was crazy!!!

Everyone just had an amazing, happy day with a good vibe. Anyone planning on going to Byron Bay, definitely do Nimbin! It's so worth it!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb