Byron bay & Ballina


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
November 23rd 2007
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Brads cousins at around 7pm and headed to Ballina 25mins from Byron Bay and yes this was a messy night lots of drinks until silly oclock. Nats flat was beautiful it overlooked the sea and Shelly beach.

In the morning we headed into Byron Bay for a spot of lunch at the Byron hotel, it was a great feed. The people there are so funny blonde with boobs and pumped up mussel boys all fighting in the sea for the one and only wave. A bull shark and been spotted just by the ship wreck only about 30meters from the beach on low tide, and yes I only went in for a quick dip The town itself was not that big but it had great character , lots of street entertainers and hippies.

We went to a house party afternoon all night session up in the hills opposite Lennox Head. Steve was an English doctor who has settled in Oz for 10 years now, he is a great musician and an old eccentric. His house was in a shape of a hexagon and the views I just can not put into words. On 3 sides you
Me & BradMe & BradMe & Brad

What a view in the distance you can see the sea & all around is the country
had the view off all the green hilly landscape and houses, farms & cattle then the other view is out onto the sea, it was so breath taking. Everyone apart from me and Julie got up and played at least 1 instrument or sang although I did have a go on the tambourine while shaking my booty. It was such a fab day we had bbq, myself and Julie showed the fellow party mates just how good we are in the kitchen. We prepared fresh guacamole and stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese & spring onion & bruschetta, we were told we could visit any time we wanted. I had the best day surrounded by talented musicians and interesting people. We ended up camping in Steves front garden, what a perfect end to a perfect day.





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb