Lake District


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Australian Capital Territory
September 13th 2011
Published: September 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello to you all

It's been a few days since the last blog as we didn't have any Internet at the Lake District so there is a bit to write in this message.

First off with uploading photos I can only do that with a computer and not mu iPad so i will try to upload quite a few tomorrow using the computer in the. B&B we are staying at.

We had a great night in Blackpool even though it was only for 1 night, what a blast from the past even though it is looking a bit old and tired, just meeting up with my friend Katherine and her partner Bryan topped it off, we went out at night along the sea front and had a lovely night.

Next day a bit bleary eyed we had a tour around Blackpool, picked up some supplies from 'Morrisons' (grocery store like Woolworths), visited the Blackpool fire station then made our way onto Keswick.

On the way we stopped at Lake Windemere and took in the breathtaking scenery, then onto Keswick where Katherine's sister owns a holiday house. Well it was absolutely beautiful place to stay and we were very privileged to be there.

Unfortunately the rain set in for the nest few days, but then it doesn't rain in the pub and there is many of them to choose from! Katherine's sister and husband joined us on the Saturday night and we all enjoyed a wonderful dinner in a good ole English pub.

Te next day we visited Grasmere, still raining but the scenery was still breathtaking. Everywhere the people take their dogs, on walks, in pubs and they are very welcomed, we saw many Labradors which made us miss our own Labradaughter Bella!!

Sunday night we decided to do a good ole roast dinner at home, roast chook and all the trimmings even a farm made apple and blackcurrant pie and custard, wonderful!

Unfortunately the next morning we had to say goodbye to Katherine and Bryan as they headed back to Blackpool and we headed East to the Pennines and stopped at a Guest house/pub in a remote country village called Romaldkirk which had an old Saxon church dating back to the 1200's!!

The rains though were fierce and unknown to us until we heard the news that England was being battered by the tail of a cyclone which has had the worst winds in 15 years, great!!

Anyway we still made the most of our stay, the fields are green but the sheep have foot rot because the land is so wet!!

This morning we headed to York but on the way still in the remote country we passed a sheep sale yard that was full of action and had a look at how it worked and some very weird sheep called 'Mules', cross between Blue Leicester & something else! We had a good chat to the locals and filled them in on our sheep! 6 month old lambs were getting sold for around 180 pounds each!!

We have now arrive in York, still raining but a bit of sun shining through, just had a very quick look round but will see more tomorrow.

It looks unreal, we are staying just outside the Saxon city walls dating back to ..........years ago!! Ged said it was built to keep the rabbits out!,

We are off to Italian tonight, just around the corner, then into York tomorrow and York Minster, so much history.

So love to you all, miss you an miss being at home, we are exhausted. But loving it!!

Talk soon, would love to hear some new from home so please send us a message.

Ged and Michelle

Advertisement



14th September 2011

Good to hear you are having such a great time, I am jealous. Only just read all of the blogs in one go as I haven\'t logged on since you left Ged. You know how it is when all you do as the bookman is look at the bloody screen not to mention the fact that I am in front of the screen all day at my finance job. Anyway I am really impressed with the blog website, never seen one before. Sounds like you guys are making the most of your time there. Have a drink for me. The place you mentioned that encourages dogs sounds like my sort of place and Sampsons mind you, he would go balistic. Ged, looking forward to you coming back to help deflect Joe, don\'t know if I can handle much more, come back Ged. I will keep an eye on the rest of your blog and try to sort out the download of photos, would be good to see some. I did see the one of Michelle in front of her old house. Cheers guys 437 Morto

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb