Dazed and Confused


Advertisement
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Keith & Merry DobsonKeith & Merry DobsonKeith & Merry Dobson

Keith and Merry Dobson Happy and Relaxed in the Holiday mode
DAY 472,473,474,475, 476


Do we have that Friday feeling again? Yes, isn’t it great! Would you believe that after a 16 month holiday we are both really looking forward to the bank holiday weekend next weekend? It is Canberra day, so Canberra’ites have a nice long weekend and many of them head for the coast which is exactly where we are headed.

Batemans Bay to be exact, in fact in local terms it is nicknamed “little Canberra” a place where you are more likely to bump into someone you know from Canberra than the town itself.

Well, the round up for the week, it has been a busy week on the work front, but lets not bore you with those details, on Monday night we had the pleasure of heading out for something to eat and drink with our friends Keith and Merry who swung by Canberra on the weekend for a brief visit, from the UK, it was great to see them.

We had a bite to eat at Nando’s in the Canberra centre then headed out to King O’Malleys Irish pub somewhere out in the town centre. The town was fairly lively for a Monday night, but then a popular town with tourists, they are more likely to be out and about on a Monday night and of course the occasional business person who have stopped here for a day or so need to pop out and eat, so we find a fairly quiet O’Malleys, or was it the fact that people are decamped outside on this lovely balmy evening.

Both Keith and Merry commented on this balmy environment and how lovely it was to walk around at this time of year in shorts and t-shirts, the trees are all strung with white fairly lights, it should be Christmas perhaps? Is it like this all the time or did someone just forget to take them down?

The police are also busy patrolling the quiet streets, perhaps a refreshing site to see that help is on hand, in fact we did have to ask a policeman where to find the pub in the first place, so they have been very helpful indeed.

I admire Keith and Merry’s sense of adventure, they have been getting around this vast country a lot quicker than Andy and I did, but they have been getting a good flavour for what is needing further exploration.

Keith and Merry are due back in England late next month, but I give them a month max before they are hankering to come back. Something tells me that Merry may not settle down so quickly on returning to England, she is bitten by that travel bug and is already anticipating the next part of their adventure, I feel worn out just listening to them!!

Seriously though it was great to catch up with Keith and Merry, by now they are long gone from Canberra and having explored Sydney are now somewhere on the coast heading round to Melbourne, both Andy and I look forward to more visitors from England (not that we are dropping hints or anything, but at least we will be in the one place for a while!!).

The only problem with a night out on a Monday night it does set you back for the rest of the week, I feel as if I have not been able to catch up, “Catch up on what?” you might ask, good question, we have been going to bed at 10.00 every night and sleeping very well, we swim every night, but perhaps time in the relaxation department has not been high on the agenda this week.

We wanted to go late night shopping on Thursday night, however late night shopping occurs on a Friday night in Canberra, never mind, we still need to go we both need work clothes and other essential so it must be done on Friday night instead.

As we were driving down Commonwealth Avenue this morning, may I just say that the view was beautiful, I said to Andy that I felt very dazed, it has been a full on week, neither of us could believe it was Friday again already and although both looking forward to the weekend, we seem to have the knowledge that the weekend too will vanish pretty quickly.

Andy has been unbelievably busy and has dived straight back head long in to his usual hectic life but that’s how he liked it back in the UK and the same applies to a country with a better climate.

Andy only said to me the other day that he looked out of his office window and it could have been a view anywhere in the world, he is very impressed how we have just got on with the tasks in hand without making a fuss, but being half way around the world completely out of our comfort zone, or are we?

The Electrical Contractors Andy works for are a very busy dynamic company which he likes, so at present he is all over Canberra doing his thing.

We have also managed to keep our swimming routine up most nights which pleases us.

Whilst waiting for my company vehicle I am still having to drop Caroline off and pick her up from work, I usually leave my office at 4.30 pm to collect her, so this is only a temporary arrangement, but Friday afternoon the world goes mad, well it does in contracting and at 3.50 I got a call that could spoil my weekend, A client had decided that this weekend they needed a generator hired, a big generator capable of supplying a very large store so was tasked with this little beauty.

Still I put my Chris Collins head on, (Chris is a mate of mine) and a very good Project Manager and doesn’t let much beat him and soon I had a 250Kva Gen set coming all the way from Sydney tomorrow (Saturday) where unfortunately I will have to be on site to make sure it gets positioned where it needs to be sited.

I managed to get to Caroline by about 6.00, much later than expected, still at least she got an extra couple of hours in and we soon were back in the shopping centre doing what she loves to do, shop.

We both came away with some clothes which was nice, it’s a little treat as we are now both working, instead of money always going out we finally have some coming back in.

We got back to the Wendy House at about 8.30 we had already eaten in town so we just had time for a cup of tea and catch up on e-mails and the blog. This week has gone so quickly, I honestly can’t believe how quickly it went from Monday to Friday without anything in the middle.

We have just passed 55,000 hits on our blog site which we think is good, and have to leave it there guys as we need our beds.

We have got a full on weekend so hopefully we will be able to share some interesting things and some good photo’s with you, just watch this space and stay with us.

Night

KJ


Advertisement



28th February 2010

Thank you
Hi Andy and Caroline, Chris will be pleased to hear you say, that he is a good project manager, he loves problems!! Hope your well, im still reading the blog. Things are moving slow, but we got paid outstanding money. Some more in the pipeline with esporta. Just stay happy i say. A bit of dry weather would be nice, only been on my bike ones this year. Can not believe its march tomorrow already. Lots of love Chris and Willy xx
28th February 2010

Great going
You're settling into the working / travelling routine very well. It's what we dream about ... although we're still in the middle of Dream Option A at the moment so we won't dare complain! As I type we are on the ferry coming back from Tasmania - we have had a stunning trip. We're looking forward to seeing you both, looks like we've got the issues with the laptop ironed out .... fingers crossed, so hope to catch you on Skype soon. Lots of love WW x x x

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb