Merry Christmas and Update!


Advertisement
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Good to be back home!!!Good to be back home!!!Good to be back home!!!

View of the Gold Coast from the top of the Q1 building
Hi All,

We hope this blog finds you well and that you have had a great 2007!

We are sorry we have not been in touch as often as we would like. We have not been utilising the travelblog as much since we are no longer travelling!! Regardless, we wanted to take this opportunity to say hi, give you a quick update on us, and wish you all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Where to start......? This year has flown by for us. We have now been home from the UK for 8 months. We spent our first 2 or so months back on the Gold Coast staying with Justin's family, catching up with mates, and enjoying the sun and the beach. During this time Rach was Maid of Honour for Nicole and Adam Hawkins wedding - and they held a fantastic hens night…with photographic evidence.

PJ and Kirsty got married in Mackay which gave everyone a great opportunity for a resort holiday - just what we needed to ease our way back into Australia. After a week in Byron with Rach’s grandparents we were starting to get used to that 'surfing on a Monday when everyone else was at work' thing. It was time to make a decision on where to live and work.......

In June we made the decision to move to Canberra as it allowed us to spend some time near Rach’s family (who also live there) and to take advantage of the abundant employment opportunities. As it turns out we are both working for the Government - as you do in Canberra - and enjoying the perks of being a public servant. Ironically, Justin is now helping to promote Canberra as a destination!! This has included some hi profile modelling work (see pic!! ;-)

Justin and Macca had a joint 30th birthday in July on the coast. The theme was a Vinnies Ball, everyone had a great time and we just can't bring ourselves to taking our costumes back to Vinnies just yet.

Rach is now a Godmother to Jasmine Isabelle Ferguson was born on August 1 and Christened on October 7. The beautiful baby girl of Gurdy (Katrina) and Luke Ferguson and sister of Sean John Ferguson.

Marcus and Lisa Sullivan have recently had a new bundle of joy, unfortunately we haven’t laid eyes on
Nicole's HensNicole's HensNicole's Hens

Nicole and Albert, her penis piniatta
Tara yet, but we are sure that the high quality gene pool must have produced a gorgeous little girl.

There must be something in the water as Kate and Fiko Issever have also had a gorgeous baby boy - Noah. We will hopefully be seeing him shortly. Congrats guys!! Thanks for the pics.

We also have a new baby - our Honda Firestorm VTR 1000cc 2003 model. Yet to be named, but she purs nicely. We rode our new bike to the Moto GP in October and watched Stoner win yet again. It was a great ride down to Phillip Island and we stayed on Mornington Peninsula with Justin’s uncle Percy and fiancé Maureen (congratulations to both of you!). Thanks for having us Percy and Maureen - it was wonderful staying with you both in your lovely new home.

It was Rach’s Mum’s 50th birthday in November. We had a party at home with great friends, great food and plenty of champagne! So of course it was a fantastic evening.

Finally, in December we did the childrens Christmas toy run on the bike, it was a great turn out with hundreds of bikes riding through Canberra.
Nicole's HensNicole's HensNicole's Hens

All the girls in our capes ready to hit the town


Well thats a quick update from us, we hope you are all well.
Have a safe and wonderful Christmas and we hope to see most of you in the New Year!!

Love Rach and Justin.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Nicole's HensNicole's Hens
Nicole's Hens

Our Cuffs and Collars boys were our personal waiters in our apartment for drinks before hitting the town.
PJ's Bucks NightPJ's Bucks Night
PJ's Bucks Night

The last 5 boys standing in the early hours....!
PJ and Kirsty's WeddingPJ and Kirsty's Wedding
PJ and Kirsty's Wedding

Marcus, Forest, Justin and Brock
PJ and Kirsty's WeddingPJ and Kirsty's Wedding
PJ and Kirsty's Wedding

Troy and Brock after 're-arranging' the hotel room!
Justin and Macca's 30thJustin and Macca's 30th
Justin and Macca's 30th

Jenny, Josh, Marcus, Ben and Justin in St.Vinnies finest
Justin and Macca's 30thJustin and Macca's 30th
Justin and Macca's 30th

Justin, Leanne and Trish (Justin's sister and Mum)
Justin and Macca's 30thJustin and Macca's 30th
Justin and Macca's 30th

Macca and Justin
Justin and Macca's 30thJustin and Macca's 30th
Justin and Macca's 30th

Fiona, Dayna, Justin, Meaghan and Rach
.......to this! .......to this!
.......to this!

Frosty welcome to Canberra
Our other new baby....!Our other new baby....!
Our other new baby....!

Borrowed from Justins new boss for the photo.


21st December 2007

Woah!!!
What a busy year you guys have had! Hope you both have a great Christmas and we look forward to seeing you when you're next on the coast!
21st December 2007

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and an even better New Year. I miss you so much, and hopefully will be home in the NY at some point. xxx
21st December 2007

I'm guessing they're training wheels for when JK rides?
27th December 2007

Have a great 08!
Hey guys, Crazy to read what you have been up t over the year. I still cannot believe it was almost a year since we saw you in the UK. Great to hear you are both doing very well professionally in Canberra. Lets see how long you beach bums can handle the cold!! I gove you another year....tops....till you are back on the Goldy or in Brissy!! Merry Christmas and Happy new year guys!!!! Lots of Love, Stace and Erin xx

Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1004s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb