Moving on to Clermont, Fl


Advertisement
North America
March 6th 2014
Published: March 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

crafts sale at RV parkcrafts sale at RV parkcrafts sale at RV park

I was there early to get the first table inside the door!
Hi,

Our move (on March 1) from Fort Myers to Clermont, Fl (about 150 miles North East) was smooth and uneventful. The brochure for the Elite Resort (where we are staying) says we are 8 miles from the gate at Disneyworld. We think we are a little further than that, but we can hear the fireworks every night at 10pm. (haven’t gone out to check if we can see them yet). The weather here is slightly cooler. Most days in Fort Myers had reached about 90 degs. Clermont is generally around 80 degs. (so far). The place that we are staying is nice (we have stayed here before). It is larger and newer than the RV Park in Fort Myers, but the WIFI is terrible (it took hours to upload this blog). Also, it is closer to our friends – we have already have had one visit with our friends, Cory & Sandy, (who used to ‘do’ Brimfield with us) and are looking forward to spending more time with them while we are here. We are also looking forward to visiting with our friends Dwight and Val soon.

Jims leg is healing well (the surgeon removed the stitches and did an ultrasound to make sure there were no blood clots before we left Fort Myers). He has a couple of ‘tender’ spots – but it looks pretty much back to normal and he can walk around on it all day without any soreness. Also, before we left Fort Myers, the RV Park had a craft sale in which I participated and sold a few things. We visited Jim’s friends on Pine Island and to get there we have to cross the island of Matlacha, which is a cute little ‘touristy’ area – so we stopped, went into most of the (very) colorful shops and I took some pics (of course). And we set up at a flea market (we hadn’t set up at before). It is held at an old drive-in and we were there before day break to set up. We did well and should have been setting up there right along (who new??).

It appears that spring has arrived in Florida – that may seem a silly thing to say – but really you can tell the difference. Not only does the weather warm up (as evidenced by the 90’s in Ft. Myers) – but the deciduous trees have sprouted new bright green leaves and the spring flowering shrubs are in bloom (Azaleas etc). Also, here in Clermont, we are parked near (not under) – but near enough that when we woke this morning our car was completely covered in what looks like Birch tree catkins. Don’t know if Birch trees grow here though. We needed to run some errands this morning and when we were out travelling it rained and essentially washed the car. Hopefully most of the ‘catkins’ have fallen and it won’t be so bad again.

Jim turned 70 yesterday – so I took his pic – ‘toasting’ to his 70th birthday on our ‘patio’.

Hope all is well with you and that you are making it through this winter without too much trouble. I do realize that this winter has been horrible.

I will write again when I have a few more events to tell you about. We are anticipating ‘checking out’ a local winery (and their wine tastings) and a local brewery (and their beer tastings). We have also ‘signed up’ to set up at the Webster flea market for 3 Mondays in a row.

Until then,
Flowers 2-21-14 Flowers 2-21-14 Flowers 2-21-14

A neighbor at the RV Park in Fort Myers had this pretty flower garden.
stay warm & safe.

Linda & Jim


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Crossing the bridge....Crossing the bridge....
Crossing the bridge....

...to the island of Matlacha....
Matlacha 2-12Matlacha 2-12
Matlacha 2-12

A pretty scene from where we parked the car on the island of Matlacha
P1090275P1090275
P1090275

Brightly colored shops in Matlacha
P1090271P1090271
P1090271

Funky birds! (waiting to cross the road??)
P1090287P1090287
P1090287

Pretty Plumeria
set up at driveinset up at drivein
set up at drivein

We arrived in complete darkness


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb