Thursday, April 12, 2012


Advertisement
North America
April 14th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

On Thursday, we drove from Monterey to the San Francisco region. I guess I did not take many pictures! We spent some time on Cannery Row in Monterey, which sort of reminded us of a mix between Québec city and Halifax, because it was right on the water and had lots of quaint little shops. So we walked around for a while, visited some shops - some tacky beach shops, some galleries - and had lunch. The seafood pizza was good, as well as the fried artichoke we had as an appetizer. Artichoke is on every menu, as is avocado, probably since they are in season right now.

After lunch, we left for San Francisco, and made a pit stop in Santa Cruz to take a walk on the boardwalk. I bought some flipflops. I thought it would be neat to have a pair of flipflops bought on the beach in California. I'm funny that way.

Again on the drive to San Francisco, we noticed the scenery change: the soil is very sandy and there were many wildflowers growing in the valleys. It was most beautiful!

Mom and dad are having a good time and being troopers, considering our schedule. Mike and I tend to stop a lot on roadtrips, which means we often get to our destination a little on the late side. But then again, a roadtrip is about the journey, not the destination, right?

We have found Californians to be very polite and laidback. We have the impression that everyone's on vacation. Must have something to do with the weather. Or with the fact that we are doing touristy things. Ha! Ha!

I will upload pictures from today (Friday) shortly.

Until then,

Cheers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb