Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Advertisement
North America
April 12th 2012
Published: April 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Good morning!

We are currently in Monterey, California. The drive yesterday was absolutely breathtaking. We were on the Pacific Coast Highway for most of the time. According to Mike, National Geographic has rated the PCH one of the best drives in the world. He says it is the most beautiful he has ever done. I'm afraid my pictures don't do it justice, as I was sitting on the passenger side, which was in this case the mountain side. Mike got the view of the ocean the whole way, but the road was a "little" windy, so I was not going to ask him to take pictures while he drove!

We stopped at a few fruit stands along the way and bought fresh California strawberries and oranges, which we are eating right now for breafast. I also picked up some orange blossom honey, which is obviously not cultivated at home. Can't wait to try it in some tea!

We also visited a Whole Foods here in Monterey for the first time, as it was late when we got here and did not feel like going to a restaurant. Wow! I wish there was a store like this in Fredericton!

Here is the answer to yesterday's Roadtrip Trivia: Our sundae cost $14.00! But it was enough to share between three people, really. We had quite a bit and there was still some left. So I suppose on average, not too bad! LOL.

Funny names seen on signs: California Mens Colony (must check this out!); Devil's Corn Fiels (in Death Valley); Nitt Witt Ridge (really?!); and Apple Pie School (where people learn to make apple pie?).

Today, we will be driving to San Francisco, where we will be based for a few days. We hope to visit the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Warf, China Town, and the Napa Valley. And more, if time permits. A friend was kind enough to make a few suggestions that we will try to incorporate as much as possible. (Merci, Matthieu!)

Until next time,

Cheers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



12th April 2012

ok, I'm just reading the news....there was a 6.9 magnitude earthquake that hit Baja California....it looks more south than where you guys are, so I hope that you are all ok and didn't feel it. Loving the blog!! xox
13th April 2012

Didn't even know about the quake!
We had no idea Cali was hit. We are fine and in San Francisco now. :)
12th April 2012

pics
Wow...! Je suis jalouse! :-) non, juste contente pour vous autre. Les photos sont magnifiques! J'espere que vous vous amusez autant - ou plus - que vous semblez le faire :-) Love you guys! xox
13th April 2012

Oui, on s'amuse!
Tu as raison, Jo. On s'amuse beaucoup! En fait, je te remercie d'avoir choisi de te marier à Las Vegas. :)
13th April 2012

Take me there!
I want to go to there! :)
13th April 2012

?
Hi Shiloh! I don't know where exactly you would like us to take you... :)

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb