Friday, April 14, 2012


Advertisement
North America
April 14th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello again!

Today, Friday, we headed into the Sonoma and Nappa valleys to visit some wineries and learn the history of the region. In Sonoma, we split up: mom and dad went one way, and Mike and I, another. It was interesting to hear what we had all visited when we met up for lunch at the Sunflower Cafe (www.sonomasunflower.com). Guy Fieri does not disappoint! Mike and I are big fans of his show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, and were happy to try out this café/diner today for lunch. The food was delicious, as my parents kept saying.

After lunch, mom, dad and I headed out for a wine tasing at a local winery boutique (www.roesslercellars.com), while Mike drove around looking for a parking spot. He is a sweetie! He waited for us as we tasted one, two, three... seven wines. Phew! I knew as we were leaving that that was going to be the only wine tasting of the day! Ha! Ha! This girl is not used to drinking before supper time. And we could have spat it out... but what a waste that would have been! Ha! Ha! We all decided to get some bottles as a souvenir.

When we got back to the hotel, mom surprised us by saying that she had gone for a walk and thought we could try Namaste, an Indian restaurant, for supper. Mike and I would never have refused her that. We were so pleased! And as a bonus, when the server realized we were speaking French, he very proudly said "ça va bien, merci!" to us. We all had a good laugh. Then another server made sure to say "merci beaucoup" as we were leaving. How sweet!

Tomorrow, we will be going to San Francisco. There should be many more pictures!

Until then,

Cheers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



14th April 2012

Wow
Ohhhh, that looks like an awesome lunch! And those fruit stands rock! :-)
15th April 2012

Reading this makes me excited for my own trip. I printed the DDD list too, can't wait to try a few places. Looks like you are all having fun! Lyne xo
16th April 2012

Sound like you guys are having fun!
The lunch does look very tasty and you can't go wrong with Guy Fieri! Looking forward to seeing your pics and reading your impressions of San Francisco!

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb