RHILA 21


Advertisement
North America
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Modern day slavery is sex trafficking as opposed to slavery on plantations, farms, etc. Instead of the slaves just being black like it was before the 13th amendment, modern day slaves are all different nationalities, ages, and races.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

The movement against sex trafficking connects to the legacy of President Lincoln because he was the one who abolished slavery with the Emancipation Procolmation and the 13th amendment.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

The Polaris project operates a national hot line that takes calls 24 hours a day in more than 170 languages, from people who suspect trafficking is going on in their communities and from victims themselves. When they hear about a case, there's a response team in that community ready to help.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

I have thought about this before, and I even did a RHILA before about human sex trafficking in Cambodia and Malaysia, and I 100%!a(MISSING)gree that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery. There really isn't any other way to describe what these people are going through besides slavery and dehumnization.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

I dont think there is another example of modern day slavery. Some may argue that individuals who work in labor heavy jobs and get paid minimum wage without any benefits could be a form of modern slavery, but there is some type of compensation in that situation and no death threat compared to victims of human sex trafficking.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.568s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb