RHILA #20


Advertisement
North America
February 27th 2012
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How has the Columbian Exchange & Triangle Trade affected current day foods & culture?

Foods from certain cultures are more widely available to other cultures. New customs and traditions have arised too.

Provide a family recipe that includes at least one of the following ingredients and then answer the questions that follow:

Pozole

Meat

Cebolla

Cilantro

Aregano

Chickpeas

Broth

Chile

Limon

Side dish

tostada with crema and aguacate

1. What are the origins of this recipe? My grandmother usually cooks pozole on special occassions or when she has the taste for it. She learned how to cook from my grandfather's sisters. Pozole is a very traditional mexican Soup.

2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not?

This dish sort of brings us all together because of the family events we serve it at.

3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not?

I think everyone should have access to a variety of foods because you learn a lot about a culture through their foods. Like whether they're more vegetable or meat based foods, the sauces and different spices used to give food flavor.

4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? Explain.

Yes. It's very significant. Different foods signify class in a lot of cultures, and it shows which foods they value the most.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb