RHILA 22


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. It's been one year since the terrible 9 mm earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan. Many people died that dreadful day, and many continue to be missing or seperated from their famalies. Although it seems as though everything has gotten better, there are still many after effects that the people are encountering. The earthquake and tsunami caused one of the biggest nuclear crisis since WWII. People have to live in constant fear of being exposed to radiation or eating contaminated food. Many still mourn the destruction of their homes and land and their loved ones.

2. There have been many catasrophes all throughout history which have changed the way of life for civilizations. For example, the Black Death wiped out a huge percentage of Europeans during the Middle Ages. The earthquake and tsunami is another event in history that has caused many people to die and struggle to overcome it.

3. There is evidence of cause and effect in the article. It discussed how people are dealing or struggling after the tsunami and earthquake.

4. What powerful questions does your article make you ask? What information do you need to answer these questions?

This story makes me ask how long until things start getting better? When will people be able to put this disaster behind them and completely start over?



Article: http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/11/world/asia/japan-quake-anniversary/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

Advertisement



Tot: 0.409s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb