rihla 17


Advertisement
North America
February 6th 2012
Published: February 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

i agree with some of what Castigliones described an ideal man should include. i think that a lot of what he mentioned should be common knowledge or universal treatment of other human beings. i think some attributes are to each his own such as the shape or built of a man. also, the relationships one forms should not be only with certain people but with whomever. i think some men like these do exist today. i think those who are like brainwashed to believe certain things to still exist in some parts of the world.

i think castiglione thought men should live and act a certain way because he believed that was how civilized people were ment to live. i think at the time these people thought that they were superior and righteous compared to all the rest of the world.

i think leading through fear and love both have benefits and consequences. i agree that through fear much more can be accomplished quickly, but i think with love much more can be done with the utmost care and dedication. however through love things can also be slower. i would prefer to be feared because love can be found elsewhere than subjects.

a leader we recently talked about was Martin Luther King Jr. i believe he led by love. throughout the civil rights movement he supported nonviolent protests. He encouraged fellow civil rights activists to continue fighting for their civil rights through marches, sit ins, and most notably the bus boycott in Alabama. though many white supremicists feared his grand effect to much of the United States, Martin Luther King was loved by many including whites in the North. he gave speaches that millions heard out of love. he ultimately led to the success of the civil rights movement because of the love and support many had for him. the effect of his leadership was the end of the civil rights movement and the inspiration for better lives to all who heard him speak.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb