Rihla 3


Advertisement
North America
September 25th 2011
Published: September 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. This article about the caste system still occurring in India, relates to what were learning in class because we just learned about the same caste system that originated many years ago. That the population is born into groups based on their past lives because of karma.
2. I think that the people who fall into the categories of superiority don't have a problem with the caste system because nothing bad happens to them. The others, however, the outcasts don't like the system because they have to suffer at the hands of the superior people. Also, the women, especially, don't like the system because they duffer the most.
3. In history, groups of people in the us can relate because they've gotten the short end of the stick. People of color or people without education didn't get the same opportunities as those who were deemed superior.
4. I found it interesting that the caste system still exists today. I also think it was interesting that the superior people who were supposedly superior because they were good people in their past life are justified in all the horrible things things they do now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb