Rihla #2


Advertisement
North America
September 18th 2011
Published: September 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rihla 2
This article relates to what we are learning in class. It does so in the sense that women in the US today aren't getting equal pay as men, much like in world history,where women were'nt getting equal treatment or anything as men. For example, in mesopotamia, women weren't even allowed to divorce their husbands like men were able to just divorce them.
I learned that women aren't just not getting jobs because of their gender, but those who do get the same jobs as men, do not get paid the same amount even though they do same work. This is new information to me because i never thought that money was the problem between men and women in the workforce. I thought it was just the position of the jobs.
" the number drops... to 58% for Latina women" was a shock to me because it's the lowest drop, but it then wore off because it's not that bad when you compare the percentage of Latina workers, which isn't much to begin with. It also shocked me to see that" female secretaries earned 83.4% as much as males ones" because I always thought not only were there more female secretaries but that they were also better workers than male ones.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb