A5 Rihla #1


Advertisement
North America
September 9th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. The author believes that because Jay-Z's fans are mainly young teens and adults, they didn't realize the severity of the attack. They were big fans anticipating the release so they went out and got the album, not really realizing what was happening around them on that day.
2. I do not agree with the author about his view of young people and tragedy. I think that it's true about some people but not all, because even older people, who are focused on other things in their lives, don't know about what's going on in the world. Young people sometimes just don't realize the severity of a tragedy even though they know it happened.
3. I think that what happened in 9/11 is a tragedy. I also think that those young people should reflect on how their own personal lives have changed due to the attacks, but I also feel that it's best to move on sometimes. I'm not saying it's alright to just forget the things that have happened, but I think it's good to look at the bright side of things now, today.
4. The majority of Afghans only remember that the towers were hit and some people died.
5. The young people differ in their opinions on the U.S because some believe that the U.S has helped their country. They think that the U.S went to protect them from the taliban, while others believe that the U.S went because of their own agenda. They see that since the americans went, there have been more deaths and violence.
6. I have wondered about how other countries perceive the U.S because the U.S perceives other countries too. The U.S could be completely wrong about the values and intentions of other countries just like other countries can be about us because no country really knows another country. In general, I would like to learn more about history because one can understand a person or place once one knows the history of the place or person.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb