RIHLA #3


Advertisement
North America
September 25th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. How does this article relate to what we are learning in class?
In class we are learning about how the Aryans came from central Asia and conquered the Indus valley people. When they conquered the they created a caste system witch still seems to be in use now days as I read in the article.

2. Based upon the Hinduism/Caste System activity from class, how do you think people respond to the caste system in India?
People still follow it in India in modern times even though it is illegal. But this is apart of their religious culture to follow these codes set up years ago.

3. How does the treatment of the Dalits (untouchables), relate to treatment of groups of people in United States history?
It can relate to black and white relations throughout the years. How blacks were treated as the lowest of classes and not even humans because of the 3/5 rule. So a lot of places can relate.

4. What interested you about this article or what about this article causes you to ask questions? Please refer to specific evidence when possible.
The article makes me think about how discrimination popped up all over the world. Like in the text they talked about how the del its were treated and had no rights in the eyes of the ruling class. So I hope the human races can over come all these discriminative ways.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb