A2 RIHLA


Advertisement
North America
September 13th 2011
Published: September 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. What is the author's arguement on why the album sold so well during the week of 9/11?
The author says the album sold so well because the young hip hop heads where young and if the terrorist attack didn't affect them directly, then they still went out and did what they usually do.

2. Do you agree with what the author says about young people and tragedies? Why or why not?
Yes I do agree totally with what the authors says about teens. When you are a teen if a national tragedy doesn't affect you then you want be interested in it. It's almost like we are narrow minded.

3. Do you think it is important for those young people from 9/11 (who are now only a bit older than yourselves) to start reflecting critically on the EFFECTS that 9/11 has on today's world? Why or why not?
Yes, because weren't focused on 9/11 the first time, it's time they see what they didn't see the first time.

4. For the majority, what do young people in Afghanistan remember about 9/11?
All they seem to remember is that a building in America was destroyed by a fly object which came from the Taliban.

5. How do the young adults interviewed differ on their opinion about Americans?
The young adults in the middle east see what happened from the outside while young adults like me saw what happened from the inside. We know every single detail, while they only can scratch the surface with their facts.

6. Do you ever think about how other countries perceive the United States. Does this make you want to do or learn more about people/events in history? Explain.
I alway wonder about what others think of the United States, I would consider my self a true patriot. But I always feel you should understand why people don't like Americans. So I hope this world history class helps me understand people's point of views.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb