Day Four-Lunenberg


Advertisement
North America
July 15th 2011
Published: July 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The second sunny day of our holidays so far. Lunenberg is gorgeous in the sunshine. All the buildings are painted such vibrant colors-red, yellow, blue, green. All these beautiful heritage homes against the blue water is a sight to see. We are so impressed how well cared for all the homes and businesses are. First off today we visited a local distillery, Iron Works and tasted some fantastic infused liquers-not sweet at all. We ended up buying the cranberry infusion and the rum! I loved the cranberry and Steve the rum. Right after this taste sensation we toured the sight of the rebuilding of the Bluenose 2. The smells brought me right back to the boat painting times as a child. What an impressive sight to see such a huge tall ship's hull under construction and all the men working endlessly to complete it by the Spring of 2012! Since Lunenberg is so small we managed to fit in the Marine Museum before lunch. They have done a great job preserving the old fishing boats and gear as well as have marine life on exhibit. We saw a 35 pound lobster! This museum is located right by our b&b so we headed back for a quick rest and then drove out to Blue Rocks to have our picnic lunch on the ocean. What a great spot with tiny protected harbours for a couple of fishing boats. Again the buildings are all so quaint and sit proudly on the rocks, grass just off the ocean. We then headed into Bridgewater so I could buy a decent pair of walking sandals and replenished our picnic lunch items and bought a cooler. This evening we had a pub dinner and met a couple who had just arrived from England 4 weeks ago. The husband is working in Lunenberg at a video game design company-the biggest employer of Lunenberg! Who would have known. Tomorrow we are off to Digby for another Nova Scotia adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 1.636s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.6kb