Everybody Comes To Hollywood...


Advertisement
North America
June 23rd 2011
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

I’m writing to ya’ll from the plane; we are on our way to Chicago. My mate Michael and I have been up for almost 72 hours, so much for “not getting jet lagged when you go to the United State”, Wallis! (HAHA) Even though our flight with Qantas was rather pleasant, we still couldn’t get manage to punch out the zzz’s. We flew in on premium economy... same as business except the seats don't drop to 180 degrees, like a bed, they don't let you eat whenever you want and no lounge... but still SOOO GOOD 2 flight attendants looking after 15 of us, the best wines and champagnes and the entertainment was really good and the seat were comfy. Which is more than I can say for this currently flight with American Airlines, flight delayed 2 hours, you are charged for everything: checking on bags, food, headphones, and of course using this internet. The aircraft seems to be have constructed in the 60’s, and the flight attendants seem to be as old as the aircraft (if not older) who wear heinous shoes and don’t really smile.
Anyway, our first day in LA was pretty good, aside from being extremely tiered… Just like everyone has warned us Los Angeles is ALL DIRTY and spread out, ‘the city of Angels mi ass’ as JOOOAN would say. It is huge, it takes 30 mins to drive from one destination (like Santa Monica Beach) to another (Hollywood)... and in between these destinations there are poor people, old factories, pollution so forth... reminds me of Bangkok, actually.
So we stayed in Hollywood at the famous Roosevelt Hotel; average, but in the heart of the very dirty, very tacky and over-rated Hollywood. Surprisingly, I still liked the vibe of it, found Britney’s name of the walk of fame and took my photo with it, will post a photo up later. At night we couldn’t sleep, the hotel walls were paper thing, and as you can imagine Hollywood is very loud, even at night. On the other hand, Santa Monica is beautiful, can’t wait to hit it up when I go back. It’s a huge beach, very clean and has some great shopping.
We’ve found that in LA you actually do need a car, cabs are costing us a fortune, and the public transport system isn’t go great; but they drive so crazy here, again just like they do in Bangkok.
Anyway, will post some photos when I do my next blog from Chicago.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb