Do you think my tractor is sexy? (life in the sticks)


Advertisement
North America
June 23rd 2009
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

hello family and friends,

We are a little bit boring at the moment, we are trying not spend our cash cos we are not earning very much, but apparently it will go mental here next week and we will hopefully be millionaires shortly and can stop living off 39 cent two minute noodles.

We are really getting into the spirit of living in the country in Canada, everywhere is trucks, tractors and country music. When people hear we are from Australia, the first person they say is Keith Urban, they are shocked when we explain the Keith Urban is a bit of a joke back home and is really just Nicole Kidman's hand bag. We purchased some bikes (see blue steel and lil red corvett pictured) We have been riding around, to the next town for some groceries and to a little cove around the point to go to a nicer beach, the weather was really good two weeks ago but now its cool and rainy.

We met a girl form Holland on the bus, Ozella, who is an Au Pair in the next town. She was trying to apply for a graphic design course in Holland, but she had no real computer to do anything on, so we spent a couple of days helping her put a folio together. The family she works for also has a strawberry farm so we have gone there a couple of times to pick, but the money is not very good and there are only so many you can eat, so i think we will just do it when we re bored, pus we have to ride about 14 kms return to do it, but it is keeping us fit.

We went to our first party which was pretty mild and ended very early but it was nice to go somewhere and talk to different people. We also venture into the next town for a drink with Ozella one night to discover the only pub was closed for renovations, so we wondered to a place called the "canadian legions club", advertising dancing til11 which was actually a whole bunch of over 60's doing the foxtrot and the cha cha in their sunday best, but the beers were cheap and when the YMCA came on we had to get involved, they even started a dance circle for us.

We are
GreenpointGreenpointGreenpoint

a nice secluded beach a short (but difficult) ride from us
starting to think about what our next move will be after we finish here and where we will work next. so we will keep you posted, we might do a quick trip down to LA, San Fran, and Vegas but we will see how much cash we can scrap together in the next few weeks.

Hope everyone is well

Cate & Vince


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

holiday activitiesholiday activities
holiday activities

Vince finished Shantaram!
OzellaOzella
Ozella

our new friend from holland
vince and Rodvince and Rod
vince and Rod

Vinces custom t-shirt from vancouver
FreddyFreddy
Freddy

My custom t-shirt from vancouver
sexy hatssexy hats
sexy hats

as promised, the hats we bought in vancouver


24th June 2009

Wow
Hey Vince I'm amazed that you managed to fit Dad's old racer in your bag over to Canada. I is a testament to your brazen and audacious behaviour. Sounds like you two are doing it tough. Send my regards the the Canadians, ask them to say 'about' and you will be laughing long time!
2nd July 2009

Hi There
We arrived back home from Broome last night - had a great break sleeping under the stars. Sounds like you are having a quiet time given the highlights over the last week have been bikes, t shirts and a dark haired Dutchy (aren't all people from Holland blonde?) and very unsexy hats. But I know it's really just a plan trying to make us not feel too jealous. All The Best Bryan

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.2kb