Glacier Bay & fjords


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 31st 2017
Published: May 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Monday

Glacier Bay did not disappoint. It was both eerily quiet and spectacular as we drifted close by 3 glaciers - Margerie, Lamplugh and John Hopkins.

A quick choir practice followed a posh pizza in one of the specialty restaurants/ A talk on the nature parks, aimed at US residents, preceded wildlife watching that demanded powerful binoculars (that we don't have!!). Having put my camera away a cheeky sea-lion floated past our balcony, only to disappear the moment I'd retrieved the camera!! The day finished with the Captain's drinks reception!!

Tuesday

The morning saw us go to choir practice, before the real thing in the afternoon!! As ever, we experienced an enthusiastic and supportive audience of friends and relatives. Late afternoon we entered College Fjord which was as serene as Glacier Bay, yesterday. We had better luck with the wildlife this time - the pair of bald eagles perched on floating ice was the highlight.

We've typed these entries while listening to a string quartet and a soprano. Both, as far as we can tell, are excellent!!

It's now off to pack and tomorrow off on the next stage of our adventure!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb