Vegas, here we come


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 30th 2012
Published: September 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we leave California, by way of Lake Tahoe. We wanted to see the lake and surrounding area on our way out of the state and we did. It was a beautiful, huge lake and it was a clear blue color that one could only envy and wish to have in their area. We stopped at a cafe on the lake for lunch and it was very enjoyable. We do have a problem finding places to park and stop to see because of the size of the RV. There is not always parking or sometimes, barely room to get down the streets. We have rented cars a few times to take us around smaller areas and that does help. Also, because of our travel schedule, we do not always have time to stay as long as we might like at some places, but are doing the best we can to fit in as much as we can.

After leaving Lake Tahoe, we headed east to Vegas, by way of Carson City and down Route 95 to Las Vegas. Unfortunately, this brings us up and over several more mountains. Needless to say we are again riding on the outside lake up and down some very steep mountain roads and I just had to do my best not too scream every time I thought we were going over. I think I hate mountains. One thing I must say about the western part of the country is you better likes mountains. Everywhere you look the are mountains, low, high and inbetween. I love to look but hate to drive over.

After going through Carson city and heading south to Vegas, we spent several hours driving through deserted, barren, brown dry nothingness. And I mean nothing. Where are all the people in Nevada????? It has been very sparsely populated along our route. We are spending tonight in Hawthorne, Nevada at ElCapitan's hotel and Casino. In most situations it would not be very impressive but after spending the day with the tumbling tumbleweed, it is paradise.

It is late once again, and I have to get to bed as Phil says the bus is leaving at 7:45 whether I am on it or not. We plan on stopping at Hoover Dam and then checking into a plush LasVegas hotel for 3 nights and enjoying ourselves. Barbara and I have tickets to see Jersey Boys on Tuesday and I can't wait. Have a good weekend all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb