The Streets of SanFrancisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 29th 2012
Published: September 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today is our trip into SanFrancisco!! After a quick bowl of cereal in some cold California weather, we hopped in the car and set off for the city. Before actually reaching SF there was a sign for an area which you could actually get a great view of the whole bridge so we pulled in. Unfortunately, the fog was so heavy we could only see the very start of the bridge and the rest of the bridge disappeared into the fog. So we got back on the highway and headed into the city. After a few wrong turns we made it to Fisherman's Wharf, pier 39. We walked out on the wharf to see the sights, it mostly consisted of shops and edible fish/seafood. We saw the local sea lions that rested on the docks provided for them. They just come in from the sea and lay on these docks. While most rested there a few were playing, jumping in and out of the water and occassionly pushing in one of their sleeping buddies. It was great fun seeing them interacting in their own free environment. We then had lunch on the pier so we could taste the local sea food, which was quite good, but since it was a quick lunch from a hut on the pier, I am sure it is not the best the area had to offer. Of course, Kenny had a sausage and pepper sandwich which had no sea food. The rest of the area consisted mostly of shops which compete for the tourist sales.

We then headed out of town to sample some sonoma wine. But before that Phil wanted to go up one of the steep SanFrancisco streets like we see on TV. But then suddenly he becomes Karl Malden and wants to race up and down the steep hills and up and down we go. They really are steep and a little scary if your breaks are not great. Thankfully ours were.

We stopped at the first winery we came to and it was georgous, but expensive. $20 for a 4 wine tasting. But the winery features a fire place and a huge glass sunroom overlooking the valley. Awesome experience, but now what we were looking for. (I did try the wine and it was extremely good.) We headed up the road and stopped at a few more were we tasted some good wines and got some sonoma valley history. Very fun day. We went back to the campground and went out for pizza then home to bed. Unfortunately the day was overcast and cool, but none the less a great experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb