The Mayan Civilization


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 29th 2011
Published: November 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The question is who were the Mayans? The mayan civilization was strong and powerful. They had been devoted to astrology. In fact they were the ones who had created a full calendar. They had based this calendar On the Greek wisdom that had been brought down from them. In 500 BCE. The Mayan civilization had begun. They had succeeded from the Olmec civilization. They had made predictions in which things would happen. Many successes but also they were great at creating temples and pyramids. Hatch unic was a very powerful man of government. No body was to speak to him directly, therefore he would put clothing on his face. Because being hatch unic was hereditary the power of government and religious was up to one person. Which was the person in charge. The jobs that was back in 500 BCE were: priests, farmers,feather workers as well as Warriors. Their hierarchy was: those who were in command, priests, commoners, farmers as well as slavery.Going back to the architecture, the mayans created the Mayan calendar. One that showed18 months per year and days in which the world would end.
I hope this gives you a clue on wheir the mayan civilization was like.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb