RIHLA #4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. Some reasons why I choose to read the article on hate and violence against people experiencing homelessness is because I know it is an issue and I wanted to read more knowing how often it actually happens and why people can do such cruel things to another human being. I also wanted to know what organizations there were, or if there was any at all to help stop this violence and protect people that are homeless.

2. One thing I learned and thought was very interesting and also extremely sad was the homeless whether children or adults they were kicked, punched, decapitated, and even burned to death. This affects the homeless because innocent men, women and even children are being beaten to death just because they are homeless. I feel it is 100%!w(MISSING)rong to even want to hurt someone and not consider them human just for being homeless.

3. The article Hate Crimes and Violence Against People Experiencing Homelessness connects to what we are learning in class with the untouchables in the culture Hinduism. This article connects with Hinduism because men and women are being beaten to death just because they are not like 'everyone else', meaning: have jobs, homes, cars, and even relationships. The homeless are getting picked on because they are see as 'nothing' or 'dirty'. This connects with the untouchables because in the Hinduism culture men and women that are considered untouchables are considered gross and dirty and literally untouchable. They are meant to obey everyone else and don't have a say so in they're own life.

4. After reading this article it made me feel so deeply for these poor men and women. It made me want to reach out and join organizations to help the homeless community feel safer and even get back on their feet and have a life for themselves again. Human beings being tortured like that is 100%!w(MISSING)rong and it need to come to a stop.

Advertisement



4th October 2011

I know what you mean, I read the same article and I feel the same. Its hard to believe that people are killed just because they don't have a home

Tot: 1.229s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb