TWNW #4; Santa Fe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 4th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Historical.Historical.Historical.

This casino was built in 1596
Hello, I'm in Santa Fe now.

Got here yesterday afternoon, in the middle of a bit of a rainstorm. When it fell I was at a little turnout on Rt. 285 from Cline's Corners, about 40 miles still from Santa Fe. Was talking to a guy there with a sweet BMW GS; pretty typical Santa Fe dude, crazy jacked-up teeth and dressed like an out-of-work pirate, riding a $20,000 bike.

Anyway we were gabbing about mileage and tires and oil consumption and so on and then the rain started pelting down like crazy and you'd think this would be annoying, but there are fires all around in the mountains and there'd been no rain for months and how could I be annoyed? It felt so good.

The rain quit as soon as I got back on the road and I was bone-dry again within five minutes, and I wish I could describe the smell of the thirsty plants after their dash of water as I rode up into the pass.

Took all of the bitchiness right out of me, it did.

Got to my friend Loren's house just fine, and we went out to a bar for some nachos and another friend, Pablo, was there and there were some girls and it was all very exciting, and that was my evening.

This morning we met a whole bunch of my family-peeps at the July 4th pancake party at the Plaza, and the whole area was packed with people and there was a car show and things just keep getting better and better.

Blogs are funnier when things suck but I can't go there now. I'm sorry.

But watch though, this is Santa Fe so pretty soon I'll run into some goofballs with elaborate theories about how orange juice is a secret CIA plot or something, and we'll get right back to our regularly scheduled program of making fun of stuff.

The rain just started again; I wish you could smell this place right now.

Thank you for reading.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb