Well, we can’t very well take it with us . . .


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 18th 2006
Published: May 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Holy Mackanoly. This is it. We’re sitting in the Carolina Café in Greensboro, the car is packed tight, and we’re all ready to go. Last thing left is getting this blog off the ground. That and destroying our alarm clock. Next stop Charlottesville, VA for a quick visit to Lucy and Mav.

But it hasn’t been all fun and games getting here. Two weeks ago, we pulled off a super-mega yardsale, and even managed to have a little fun, get rid of all our junk and make a small fortune to boot. So what makes a yardsale fun, you ask. Quite simply, lots of good friends and a splash of alcohol. And we had them both. Jenny, Jaime, Michelle, and Chip joined us in hawking our goods, and a whole mess of good friends came by to help relieve us of all the stuff that, try as we might, just won’t cram into our backpacks. Mimosas in the a.m. and Yuengling in the p.m. didn’t hurt either. Helped to not get too bent out of shape at the professional yardsalers haggling like mad and an intense woman who would viciously chase off other shoppers from the small mountain of treasures she accumulated only to offer us less than a tenth of the value and then huff off in disgust when we wouldn’t accept her ‘generous offer’. She did this twice. . . . she also had a bit of a sweating problem. (If you are reading this, sweating woman, let me make it clear that you will not be receiving any invitations to future Paul and Casey yardsales.)

Then there were a busy couple of weeks of packing and repacking, and posting off what few belongings we held onto in boxes to Australia, and doing laundry at Suds and Duds since we no longer have a washer, and relocating to Jenny’s since we no longer have a home. And of course there were the graduation festivities and saying good-byes, and bowling, and pizza, and beer. Three long years in Greensboro studying to finish my degree hasn’t been so bad. We’ve met such awesome friends who often had to remind me how to have fun and get a grip. I don’t think Paul and I would have lasted without you all. So even if I didn’t say it because I was trying not to let the floodgates bust loose and turn in to a blubbering, scrotey, I love you guys, and we’ll miss y’all very very much.

And to everyone in Greensboro or Washington or Australia or Europe or Mexico, we’re so excited to have you with us as we explore the Americas and rediscover what really matters in life.

Next stops:
Charlottesville, VA
Gettysburg, PA and Amishland
Yuengling Brewery (woohoo-says Paul)
Coney Island for the Freak show
Woonsocket, RI to catch up with old friends



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



18th May 2006

4 guys in a picture
Paul, who is the "big" guy all the way to the right in the picture with you, Chip, and Greg? :)
18th May 2006

Drip...drip
Seeing you in your graduation gown and selling off your posessions is sooo sad! Seriously I am shedding an internal tear. Greensboro is losing the dynamic duo!! Daniel and I wish you both the very best as you start your amazing adventures. Big bosomy hugs to both of ya!!
19th May 2006

Just leave why don't you!
You guys will definitly be missed. I know I just knew you for 5 months, but these past 5 months has been by far the most memerable and most important to me in all the 4 years that I was here in Greensboro. Thank you for being a part of it and making them intresting!
19th May 2006

Congratulations
Hi Casey Congratulations on finishing your course! I can't wait to read about your trip and I wish you both all the best. x
20th May 2006

View of the Cascades...
Congratulations! Have fun on your trip! When you reach Seattle you guys are welcome to crash at my place. I have a view of the Cascades to entice you. I've missed you since I left the metropolis that is Greensboro. Keep in touch! Much love, Laura
20th May 2006

Great site
If this site is as good as the African Safari site it will lead to some interesting adventures good Luck Mum, Keith, Sue, Rich, Vin, Dom, quich, dingo ie all us lot in byford - oh yes and Harry, he is the horse nrxtdoor that Vin has fallen in love with xx
20th May 2006

Happy Trails
Been trying to call you with no luck. I just wanted to wish you happy trails on your road trip. Be safe.......take good care of each other. Love Mom, ps - loved your first post with all the pictures. Printing off for Gramma.
21st May 2006

Good luck for your coming travels. Casey looks far too good for you...ps nice man bag while doing the laundry!!
22nd May 2006

tony aus/thailand still
good on yer keep those wheels on yer feet well oiled mate, hi to your better half and take care of each other eh! say hi to erin when you get there.
22nd May 2006

Buen Viaje
Casey and Paul... so you're on your way. Thanks for adding me to the subscribe thingy. Safe travels and I'm looking forward to charting your long and winding trip.
23rd May 2006

See you soon!
Congrats on graduating Casey! Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks! What a great way to stay in touch on your next whirl wind trip!

Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 103; dbt: 0.1273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb