Day 5 - Tombstone - The town too tough to die!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 22nd 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tiki Love ShackTiki Love ShackTiki Love Shack

WTF!! Isn't Tiki Hawaiian? HELLO we're in the wild west!!
Up early again as we had another flight to catch, to another unknown destination!!
It was in the departure lounge, again, that I found out the flight destination.....being Tuscon, but not the final destination......
I was given a clue being T.T.T.T.T.D.....WTF!!! after an hour I managed to work it out "The Town Too Tough To Die" - Tombstone.
It's an Hr's drive from Tuscon Airport, and if you hire a car and more importantly a Satnav then don't hire them from Dollar........bloody useless, it couldn't even direct us out the airport then froze half way there......lol
But we said it wasn't going to ruin our stay!!
When we finally arrived at our Motel, we were told they had doubled booked us for that night and booked a room in the second best motel in Tombstone..........but even this was not going to deter us!!
When we arrived at the almost best motel in Tombstone we dropped our stuff off and headed into town for a quick look around and something to eat.
Had a great meal at The Longhorn restaurant. The down side to Tombstone is that everything closes around 5pm so nothing to do beyond that time. Unless you want to drink at the saloon or drive to the nearest town for entertainment and/or shopping....unfortunately not very near.
So back to the motel to watch one of the 13 channels....Wahoo!!










Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb