Fall Foliage Tour 2010 - Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 26th 2010
Published: January 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Fall Foliage Day 4


Eagle LakeEagle LakeEagle Lake

Crisp view from the road to Cadillac Summit
It rained all night and when we woke up it was a clear and beautiful day. So we trekked back up to the summit of cadillac mountain. This time we were able to see everything in every directions, with the exception of a few clouds covering some if the ocean and forest below us. We had great views of Eagle Lake and Bar Harbor.

We headed to the west side of the island to hike beech mountain and beech cliffs. At the top of beech mountain, we saw echo lake and the ocean.

Headed down to bass harbor to see the lighthouse. Nice lighthouse, but not that impressive. Drove back up the west coast of mount desert. Went to the great atlantic brewing company and did a beer tasting. They had some great light beers. The darks were ok, but we are not that big of fans of dark beer. Then we stopped at bar harbor cellars winery and did a wine tasting. Picked up a few bottles.

Checked into our hotel, harborside hotel. Our room has a jacuzzi on the balcony, which overlooks the harbor. Ate lunch at a local place called epi's. Decided to call it an early day so we could enjoy some wine on the balcony/jacuzzi. Sitting out in the jacuzzi at 6 pm. It is dark, a fog has rolled in, and all you car hear are the waves hitting the shore and a couple of lobster fishermen finishing up off in the distance. The lights of the city are barely visible through the fog.

We ate dinner at a local, year round place (where the locals go) called the thirsty whale. Good food, good atmosphere, some fisherman were playing darts while we ate a couple of tables over.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Bar HarborBar Harbor
Bar Harbor

A view from the summit of Cadillac
Hotel Room ViewHotel Room View
Hotel Room View

Notice the jacuzzi on the hotel room balcony...


Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb