3 and 1/2 days!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 19th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

14july: booked flights to africa with a stop in london and a stop in amsterdam on the return. good price, i thought. arranged seating and meals too. always request a special meal so that you are served early, especially on BIG overseas planes.

15july: went online to find that airline had cancelled my flight. i rang. they said the price was too good to be true. i was outraged as i had all of my confirmation numbers. after nearly 2 hours on the phone with onetravel.com i gave up. then i went boogie boarding in the river to overcome my distress.

16july: was on way for climbing and stopped to check airfares. all are going up. still upset but went climbing anyway. on way home stopped and surfed prices again (i'd rather be surfing in the river). then i checked email. the site where i booked flight, and to whom i sent a special email (very mild), had sent me 3 emails saying all is well. that the airline screwed up and that i once again have my special price- that is nice as there was a $250 difference. no river trip tonight, woe is me.

17july: don't know yet but am not sure i am done with this pricing issue. crossed fingers, though i am not at all superstitious.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.406s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb