Wyoming - Border to Border


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
June 30th 2011
Published: July 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The drive through Wyoming from east to west was beautiful with prairies, high desert, mountains, and flat-topped buttes. There were many sightings of antelope, horses, cows, prairie dogs, and buffaloes. Even saw a couple of camels!

We really enjoyed the cooler temperatures and lush green valleys. Did you know that Wyoming is the second richest state in the nation next to Alaska? It is wealthy with minerals and fuel resources. The state government pays for allied health care training through re-training grants and Boston Reed has benefit from these opportunities.

Sad to say we saw a terrible accident on Hwy 30 just after a rain storm in the middle of the state. It looked like an SUV flipped upside down after spinning out of control. The speed limit in Wyoming is 75mph. There were at least eight cars pulled over to the side of the road helping and waiting for an ambulance. Someone was holding the head of the driver who was still hanging upside down. Looking at the map, I had to assume that an ambulance was probably 100 miles away. I said a prayer for no one to die.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Giant Buffalo?Giant Buffalo?
Giant Buffalo?

No - artwork at the top of a hill. But there were real buffalo below!
PuzzlePuzzle
Puzzle

Can you find the hidden creature?


Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb