Cody


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
May 22nd 2006
Published: May 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well setting of early Monday morning myself and Marcus endured the 4 hour drive across Wyoming to Cody a wild west town that is a gateway to Yellowstone National Park on the east entrance. We arrived at Cody around 11am and checked into a cheap motel for the night before heading out for some genuine mexican cuisine and local beers downtown. We then visited the Buffalo Bill Historic Centre which has 5 museams within; Buffalo Bill museam, a Native Indian exhibit, a special arts exhibit, western guns exhibit and local natural history museam.
There was alot to take in at this place, but it was interesting to learn about Buffalo Bills Wild West show that toured until 1913 when it went bust and people were getting into Cinema which made such performances unpopular.
Then we went to Historic Cody, which is 26 old (19th century) wooden buildings taken from the surrounding area and placed in a settlement during the 1960's to preserve them as modern america took its shape. This was just great and probably one of the most fun parts of the trip so far as you could play cowboy all day there!!!
Later I donned my cowboy hat and we toured some redneck bars, and I keep getting ID here despite being almost 24!

Anyhow, onwards to Yellowstone National Park and Helena in Montana!





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb