Casper


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
May 19th 2006
Published: May 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So I have settled into Casper pretty well, I went to the Geology museam Friday morning which was interesting. I didn't realise they used to mine Uranium here in Wyoming and that it is one of the largest producers of oil in the USA.
I then visited Marcus dads medical practice, where he has worked as a GP for over 35 years before we went to the Old Trail Museam at Casper; which is all about the pioneers that travelled from St Louis, Missouri to Oregon in the 1820's to late 1860's and they crossed the Platt river which is near where modern Casper is today. This was also part of the route taken by the cross country US postal service at that time before telegrams and railway came.

Saturday (20th) was an amazing day, I was taken on a 400 mile tour of Wyoming from the air by Marcus dad in his 4 seater aeroplane which was a great opportunity to see all the landmarks and get some wonderful photographs. After we returned, having a few local beers in the airport bar, we drove up to the remains of Fort Casper and then a tour around Casper Mountain later than afternoon before Marcus arrived from Washington DC that evening.

Sunday (21st) was my first well relaxed day after a long week of travel and I had a lot of catching up to do with my old friend Marcus and discussions regarding our travels next week across to Cody (a wild west town if there was any), across Yellowstone National Park and upto Montana to meet a friend of Marcus.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb