Jellystone


Advertisement
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 128 (Wednesday 26/08/09, NJJ) 3 weeks to Wedding
Up at 8.30am after great night sleep in a very comfortable bed. Had the complimentary motel breakfast. Got a taxi at 10.45am to the car rental place at the nearby airport, picked up the Nissan Versa then we were on the road. Phoned Joan and spoke to both the Mums who were looking at flights etc. to come out to see us. Had our Special K lunch in the car then we were off towards Yellowstone. Drove through Big Sky but didn't go the famous resort. Saw some beautiful scenery on the way into Yellowstone National Park. At West Yellowstone I got my first National Parks Passport cancellation (date stamp). We drove into the park itself through the West Entrance and shortly after were in Wyoming. In no time at all we saw an 'Elk Jam' and so did the obligatory but forbidden stop to take photos on the side of the road. Checked into Madison Campground for the night - no electric or showers. Tent up. Pasta, sauce and grated cheese for dinner. Drove to Fountain Paint Pots, had a walk, saw geysers. On the way back to camp we saw our first bison on the side of the road, amazing, it just strolled across the road and stopped traffic in both directions until it was ready to get off the road. Back at camp, into bed, relaxed then sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb